Thursday 12th September 2013
ETHEL, the personal untold story of Ethel Kennedy
The Irish premier screening of ETHEL a feature-length documentary about the remarkable life of Ethel Kennedy takes place on the opening night of the Kennedy Summer School in St Michael’s Theatre.
Directed by her Emmy Award-winning daughter Rory Kennedy, the film is a personal portrait of Ethel’s political awakening, the life she shared with Bobby Kennedy, and the years following his death when she raised their 11 children on her own. Intimate, funny, and deeply moving, ETHEL offers a rare look inside a political dynasty strengthened by family bonds, a compassion for others, and a wisdom forged from both hardship and triumph.
The screening will be followed by a public interview with Rory Kennedy, film maker.
Day by day programme
Available for download...
Themes & Events
- Premiere Screening of ‘The Kennedys – A Homecoming’
- American BBQ and Political Roast
- The Kennedys – Irish Mafia, a new documentary
- Reforming Irish Politics
- What, if anything, should America do for Ireland now?
- The Political Canvas – Kennedy Summer School Dinner
- The Inaugural Edward M Kennedy Lecture
- Reeling In The Years 1963
- The Legacy of JFK’s Presidency
- ‘We choose to go to the moon’ An audio visual presentation